Here is a collection of some of my backgrounds i have saved, enjoy them!
So here are a bunch of resources i’ve gathered. I thought that I’d share them because they’re really helpful. Hope they’ll make your life easier! I’ve never made one of these before, so let me know if any of the links aren’t working.
- 200 words that describe light
- how to keep a journal
- read some slam poetry
- huge writing masterpost
- how to reveal character
- help with writer’s block
- find out which author you write like
- write interactive books (kind of like choose your own adventure)
- good brainstorming/ organizing tool
- zen writing tool
makeup and hair
- filling in eyebrows
- twin buns
- how to contour
- everyday makeup routine
- how to make any color of lipstick… from crayons
- natural beauty remedies
- the trick to liquid eyeliner (this is how i wear mine, it’s quite easy to master)
- now that you know the secret to eyeliner… here’s some eyeliner inspiration
- cool makeup tips
- stylish eye makeup (from Lauren Conrad)
- gradient lip makeup
- different ways to braid your hair
- messy buns tutorial
- how to make your own temporary tattoo
- apply eyeliner, mascara, and curl lashes with a spoon
- how to survive college
- various yoga poses for stress relief
- HUGE studying masterpost (I mean huge)
- solve any math problem
- how to effectively pull an all-nighter
- teaches everything
- find out who an anon is (not sure if still working)
- mass tag replacer
- huge theme-related download pack
- post a bunch of things from a blog’s archive
- good pixel blog and theme references
- really good redux edits
- my favorite falling snow effect (it’s interactive on your blog!)
- tumblr theme generator
- random image script
- tumblr savior for mobile
- cute yahoo answers (the cutest thing ever)
- emergency compliment
- draw a stickman
- coping skills and distractions
- for some reason these videos always cheer me up
- calming gif
- givesmehope (this will cheer you up it is so cute)
- calming manatee
- daily puppy
- answer trivia questions and give people rice !!
- Cool websites for wasting time (1, 2, 3 )
- make sand art online (you could spend hours on this site tbh)
- make a a giant squid pillow! (because why not?)
- how to do special effects makeup (tw: gore?)
- create your own nebula
- read creepy wikipedia articles
- read more creepy wikipedia articles (warning, I haven’t read these articles, so I do not know what they contain. read at your own risk.)
- random colour each time
- disney lies/ urban legends
- make your own acapella band
- watch a real-time streaming of the ocean
- just click this. trust me.
- make your own pokemon secret base
- this will take you to a cool place
- paint like jackson pollock
- breed some plants online
- color matching game
- downloadable indie games / in-browser indie games
- games you played back in the day
- really cute online games
- cards against humanity pdf
- sushi cat (really cute, calming game)
- takes you to a random location and you have to guess where you are
- color matching game
- akinator, the web genie (kind of like 20 questions, but with famous people)
food to make
- panera mac n cheese recipe
- different salad recipes
- fricking recipes
- harry potter recipes
- healthy recipes
- various cookie recipes
- chocolate cupcakes w/ eggless cookie dough topping
- s’mores pie (keep in the fridge and heat up for 15 seconds when you want a piece so its warm and it just tastes really good please make this)
- nutella hot chocolate
- peanut butter nutella swirl cookies
- cookie in a mug
- starbucks holiday drinks
- fruit leathers (like fruit roll-ups, only much better)
- brownie in a mug
- how to make ramen 1000x better
- eggless cookie dough (not to bake, just to eat)
photo editing things
- punk edit tutorial
- remove backgrounds without photoshop
- topaz-like action
- glitch tutorial
- double exposure effect
- photoshop brushes masterpost
- this blog has a lot of ps resources
- so does this one
- how to draw ears
- how to make an animated film
- learn how to draw anything
- turn your paper art into digital
- skeleton practice drawing tool thingy
- how to draw semi- realistic eyes
- how to make pixel art
- good reference for drawing water
- free digital sculpting tool
sounds n music
- masterpost of sounds of nature
- more sounds of nature
- find more artists to listen to (basically you pick an artist, and it shows more artists, and you click those. it’s a never ending lists of music in your taste!)
- listen to playlists (here’s mine)
- get the best sound from your iTunes
- coffee shop sounds for productivity
- rain sounds
- white noise generator
- some more cool sounds
- how to make an 8-bit/chiptune
learn to do things
- make a flower crown
- make dip-dyed shoes
- make glitter out of salt
- make a blanket nest
- how to make origami
- how to embroider
- learn to read korean in 15 minutes
- newspaper nails (i’ve done these before… super easy and look really cool!!)
- tie-dye denim
- make a font from your handwriting
- learn to play guitar
- personality quizzes
- the ‘eye’ test
- find out which disney princess you are
- online color challenge
- trivia quizzes
other useful things
- is a website actually down?
- hobbies masterpost
- best, most comfy onesies ever
- clothing life hacks
- when to pee during a movie
- how to remove pilling from clothing
- 100 tips for life
- sleep calculator
- kawaii emoticons
- run windows programs on a mac
- plant studio (like microsoft paint, but with plants!)
- find out which font something is
- create a color palate from an image
- lots of clothing references
- tea to soothe sore throats
[rebloggable by request]
Well, first of all, WELCOME TO ONE OF MY PET PEEVES.
A female character does not have to be “strong” (whatever your definition of that is) to be a good character.
Women can be strong, or wussy, or emotional, or stoic, or needy, or independent, and still be legitimate people and interesting characters.
In our totally understandable desire to see portrayals of strong women (in reaction to decades of damsels in distress and women as appendages), we’ve somehow backed ourselves into this corner where the only acceptable portrayal of a woman in the media is a strong, kick-ass woman. That is not doing women any favors. It just leads to the attitude that you have to be ONE WAY ONLY to be legit as a woman. You shouldn’t have to be Natasha Romanoff or Xena to be considered a good character. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good Buffy as much as the next person, but that should not be the only acceptable portrayal. It should be okay for a female character NOT to be strong, too. Let’s take Molly Hooper as an example. She is not the stereotypical “strong” woman. But hell, she went through medical school, didn’t she? She’s smart, and she’s funny, and she serves a story function - she is not a major character, but she doesn’t have to be. But her character gets criticized because she pines after Sherlock. What, you never pined after somebody? Did it make you invalid as a person? You never got a bit silly over a crush? I know I did. And I still consider myself a strong woman. It should be okay for Molly to have a crush on Sherlock without getting the “oh, she’s so pathetic, what a terrible example, what a horrible female character” thing she so often gets. Yes, because it’s so terrible that a female character should reflect an experience that like 99% of us have had.
Screw writing “strong” women. Write interesting women. Write well-rounded women. Write complicated women. Write a woman who kicks ass, write a woman who cowers in a corner. Write a woman who’s desperate for a husband. Write a woman who doesn’t need a man. Write women who cry, women who rant, women who are shy, women who don’t take no shit, women who need validation and women who don’t care what anybody thinks. THEY ARE ALL OKAY, and all those things could exist in THE SAME WOMAN. Women shouldn’t be valued because we are strong, or kick-ass, but because we are people. So don’t focus on writing characters who are strong. Write characters who are people.
The only bad female character, if you ask me (and you did), is one who’s flat. One who isn’t realistic. One who has no agency of her own, who only exists to define other characters (usually men). Write each woman you write as if she has her own life story, her own motivations, her own fears and strengths, and even if she’s only in the story for one page, she will be a real person, and THAT is what we need. Not a phalanx of women who can karate-chop your head off, but REAL women, who are people, with all the complexity and strong and not-strong that goes with it.
This is why I disagree with the “damsel in distress” criticism of Irene in the last scene of Scandal. Here’s the thing about being a damsel in distress…it’s only bad if that’s all she is. If the character’s defining characteristic is being a damsel in distress, that’s bad. But if an otherwise complex character with lots of other agency and actions happens to be in distress, then…that’s all it is. She is in distress. That happens. Characters are often in distress, or there would be no plots. Should a female character never be allowed to be in distress, at ALL, to be valid? No.
A strong female character is one who is defined by her own characteristics, history and personality, and not solely by the actions or needs of other characters. She is a person in the story, not a prop. That is the best definition I can come up with. Note that my definition did not involve martial arts.
That was probably longer than you were anticipating! I’ve had that percolating for a long time.
submitted by maybemad-maybebad
my first submission, how’d I do? message me feedback.
- Only the FIRST FIVE tags you use on a NEW POST show up in the tracked tags
- Only the FIRST TWENTY tags on any post on your blog function (i.e click tag #21 and it will say page not found)
- When you’re in your messages, you can click the top right corner of an ask & it will take you to a permalink page. Go to ‘edit’ (top right of page) and reply using the post edit screen (and add tags without an extension)
- Always Reblog, Never Repost
- Tumblr Etiquette: don’t delete the OPs caption, consider it part of the work as a whole.
- Don’t tag your hate. If you don’t like a character or show or whatever, don’t tag your new post with their name/title/whatever in the first five tags. It shows up in the tracked tags. People that track a tag do so normally cause they love a thing. Don’t ruin a thing. No one likes a ruiner.
- Tumblr default reblogs long text posts as links and its a pain in the ass. Who ever wants them as a link. No one, ever. When you’re reblogging a text post, go to the Aa drop down menu in the top right & select ‘reblog as text’.
- When you add a comment to a post, the OP sees it. Just so you know. There’s a whole etiquette on commenting vs tags but it’s your blog do what the fuck you want
- you can view all the posts made in a particular day on someone’s blog by typing the url http://blogname.tumblr.com/day/2012/12/23, the order is year, month, then day
- if somebody’s blog is blanked or their theme is dysfunctional and you hate it you can view the blog without a theme by adding /mobile to the url. use this power responsibly and don’t creep on people who don’t want to be creeped on, also if someone has an ip tracker and you don’t want to show up on their ip tracker view their blog under /mobile
- search on tumblr blogs is dysfunctional so use http://blogname.tumblr.com/tagged/insert-tag/ urls instead to find all posts with a particular tag
- reblogged copies of posts are never tracked in tumblr tags (tags on tumblr, not an individual blog) so if you’re tagging a reblog for it to be tracked don’t bother because you’re wasting your time
- 99.9% of the time you can’t you can’t get somebody’s street address from their IP address alone, stop thinking you can because you’re wrong and you don’t understand how IP addresses work.
- there’s a rumor going around that you can find the identity of an anon by blocking the anon and looking at your ignore list, this is wrong, blocking anons doesn’t add anybody to your ignore list.
- blocking the anon will ONLY prevent them from sending any more anons, they are not blocked off anon
- blocked people can’t see your posts on their dash if they’re following you, you will never see their posts in tags (though they can see your posts in tags), and you will never receive any asks they send, notifications from them will also be hidden
- get xkit, tumblr savior, tumblr hate and #wrap if you can, they will make your tumblr experience much more enjoyable
- if you try to respond to somebody who is not the op by reblogging the post from someone else rather than reblogging the person directly, the person will never know you made a response and will never see it!
- if you tag posts with trigger warnings, write “[trigger] tw” rather than “tw: [trigger]” so it’s easier for people to block with tumblr savior
- if you want to reblog a really graphic image, please click “reblog as link” and put a description in the link
- click the gear icon when making a post and you can add a source to your post, please do this for any content you post that you found on the internet and is not your own!
- pls be a little skeptical and double check to make sure you’re not reblogging and spreading false information, this is hard and we all let things slip but try and do your best!
I will always reblog this. It’s fascinating and terrifying at the same time.
holy fucking shit
I am now officially terrified of snakes.
JEFF PLEASE! SERIOUSLY?! DON’T DO THAT TO US!!
STORA ISN’T STEREK!
This message is in french language ‘cause i’m tired of making efforts (for nothing) in the morning…
Eh bien, quelle éloquence! Je viens de parcourir le fil de notes de ce post et je dois avouer qu’un message en particulier m’a profondément blasé. Il est question - encore une fois - de l’image des fans de Sterek et j’imagine sans peine que la personne en question a écrit en toute sincérité ce qu’elle avait sur le coeur… Et, fut un temps ou j’aurais probablement tenue le même discours particulièrement naïf.
Mais, voilà, il faut apprendre à faire la différence entre les shippers qui cherchent définitivement la bagarre en rebloggant leurs travaux sur les tags des adversaires et les articles de débat. Je n’ai moi-même, rien contre les Stora Shippers et je discute régulièrement avec des fans de Dennifer. Va-t-on me lyncher pour si peu?
Ce que je tiens à préciser ici, c’est le fait que je tiens avec cet article à mettre en évidence que le fait que Stiles - que nous shippons depuis les débuts avec Derek - ait une histoire avec la petite sœur de dix-sept ans, réapparue dont ne sait ou, du dit loup-garou, c’est UN PEU GROS.
Je ne demande pas la lune. Bien entendue, j’aimerais que Sterek soit canon mais, surtout, j’aimerais par dessus tout des histoires d’amours qui tiennent la route! Et pas des choses bâclées comme on nous en offre depuis le début de cette saison…
Et pour terminer, le pseudo “hate” contre les Sterek Shippers ne disparaitra jamais pour la simple et bonne raison que si les gens ne sont pas tous homophobes - comme certains aiment stupidement le crier! - beaucoup aiment leur petit confort. Pourquoi aller caser deux mecs avec super alchimie ensemble si on peut prendre une autre actrice super canon et la glisser au milieu? Puis bon, c’est plus simple lorsque l’on est une ado de s’imaginer à la place de Cora, Allison ou Lydia que de Stiles, Derek ou Isaac… C’est tellement plus proche du rêve du “Prince Charmant et de sa Princesse Charmante”…
Les fans de slashs en général ne sont pas appréciés par les autres. C’est comme ça. Et la plupart du temps, on ne sait pas nous même d’ou nous vient véritablement cet engouement… Il faut faire avec et arrêté de baver sur les autres fans ou - pire - sur les autres fans du MÊME PAIRING que nous! Parce que, sérieusement, ou va-t-on si les fans de Sterek commencent à s’entre-tuer? Je vous le demande…
Thank you so much! :’) Glad you like my edits. Well here is a tutorial how I make my gifs. I’m not really that good at making tutorials myself, I suck at explaining, but that link I just gave you is exactly how I make my gifs anyway. So try that. x
Well now I can correctly moonwalk away from uncomfortable situations
Because everyone deserves to know how to do a mean moonwalk.
To anyone who is thinking about killing themselves: please watch this
This is from a girl who’s sister committed suicide. If you are looking for a sign not to commit, this is it.
Please share this so everyone can see.